Come Join our Community
In the beginning of the year, there are several things that most if not everyone is talking about one of them is time, and the other is fitness. As everyone is working on their goals, how you account for your time is not only important it is vital, so here are two calendar apps for you to try.
CalenMob has a free version, but I could only find the paid version of Calendars. The Full version of CalenMob costs $6.99, and so does Calendars, so they are comparable from a price perspective.
• Syncs with Google
• 5 different Views, and a Task List
• The Month Page has 5 weeks instead of 4 weeks
• Your events are color coded so you can quickly identify different kinds of events i.e. husband, kids, work, etc.
• There is a daily screen, which is broken down into hour increments just like a Day Timmer.
• Many of the calendars were too busy for me once I added my events, and meetings.
• It was too easy to put events, and meetings on the same day.
• The List View was too limited for me, with the number of events on my calendar it only went our a few days.
• The Calendar view and add event sign was at the top of my phone and often got covered up by my notifications, and tweets.
Several people swear by the Calendars app and would not think of touching another one, for me it just didn’t work.
CalenMob by Blue Tags
Right now I am testing another app that is currently in Beta, but I was so impressed by this app I downloaded it anyway.
• No clutter, very clear visual!
• Very easy to use, and the buttons are at the bottom and not at the top
• There are 4 views on the free version, and several more on the paid version like the year view, and the weekly view.
• Notable features were the monthly calendar also includes a list underneath so you can see the month and what you have to do that day.
• They also have an invite feature, but that is included on the paid version.
• Lastly, there is a much larger daily view, were you can easily schedule ½ hour appointments. And there is also a 7 day view.
• There is no task area that on the free version, and I didn’t see one on the paid version either.
• The 7-day view is a little busy if you have multiple sets of calendars to manage.
For me, CalenMob was a better choice for me, but look at both and make the best choice for you. It is always a great idea to check out the apps on your phone and see which one feels like the best fit.